On this page you will find all sorts of useful info about living in Ermington and the surrounding area including local services and facilities. If there is any information you would like to see here please Contact Us.
• Hospitals – The main hospital is Derriford Hospital on the A386 Tavistock Road to the north of Plymouth, which supports A & E admissions. There is a Minor Injuries Unit at Kingsbridge Hospital. Contact numbers can be found on the Telephone List. Derriford is your best point of contact for more specialised clinics.
• Public transport – “Country Bus” provide buses between Plymouth and Totnes via Ermington on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Up-to-date times can be found enclosed in the Welcome Pack. For more information telephone 0800 954895 or www.travelline.info
There is also a “Ring and Ride” scheme which runs services around the local area; details of their services can be found on www.idcta.co.uk or by phone on 01752 690444.
• Library facilities are situated in the Watermark Centre at Ivybridge. The Watermark has a large exhibition hall upstairs, which houses the cinema and theatre and other exhibitions. Downstairs is the library, cafe and tourist office. The tourist office is a great place for answering any queries you may have about the area and food recycling bags can be purchased there.
• Dartmouth Dairy deliver milk and other grocery items to the village and they can be contacted on the number on the list.
• Newspapers – Newspapers are delivered to the village by Modbury Newsagents and Post Office and they can be contacted using the number on the list.
|Useful phone numbers - health centres and hospitals|
|Ivybridge Health Centre||01752 690777|
|Highlands Health Centre||01752 897111|
|South Brent Health Centre||01364 72394|
|Modbury Health Centre||01548 830666|
|Derriford Hospital||0845 1558155|
|Ivybridge Caring||07791 239357|
|Torbay Hospital||01803 614567|
|Useful numbers - local services|
|Clerk to the Parish Councilfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Church - Rev Caroline Luff||01803 868445
|Ermington Pre-School||01548 831017|
|Ermington School||01548 830459|
|Kids Club||07551 850757|
|Ermington Village Fund||01548 830520|
|Ermington Ladies Group||01752 892301
|Modbury Post Office||01548 830201|
|Ivybridge Watermark (Library)||01752 892220|
|Tourist Information||01752 897035|
|South Hams District Council||01803 861234|
|Country Bus||0800 954895|
|Scouts (Ivybridge)||01752 691849|
|Guides & Brownies (Ivybridge)||01752 896195|
|Useful numbers - local businesses|
|First & Last Bistro||01548 830671|
|Crooked Spire Pub||01548 831288|
|Plantation House Hotel & Restaurant||01548 831100|
|Doorstep milk - Dartmouth dairies||01803 832801|
|Newspaper delivery - Modbury News||01548 830201|
|Veg box delivery - Riverford||01803 762059|
|Fish & Chip Van - Fawns Close Thursday evenings||07977 538506|
|Equipment hire from the village fund: gazebos, tables chairs BBQ||01548 830520|
|Rose Health & Beauty Treatments, Erme Park||01548 830521
|Chimney Sweep - Chris Tempest||01548 830868|